In their efforts to disrupt Chevron’s acquisition of Anadarko Petroleum, Occidental Petroleum offered to pay stakeholders in mostly cash. The company’s revised buyout offer to the international oil and gas driller would create immediate value which also helps them guarantee to close the deal.

Almost a couple of weeks ago, Occidental made a public bid for Anadarko offering a 50-50 cash-and-stock that is valued at $57 billion. The current revised bid still offers $76 per share. However, with the new bid, they are willing to give 78% of its value in cash and the remaining 22% in stocks.

Upon determining that the new bid from Occidental may be superior to Chevron’s, Anadarko reconsidered their deal with Chevron. Last month, Anadarko had agreed to sell their business to one of the major players in liquefied natural gas, Chevron, for $50 billion in a $65 per share 25% cash and 75% stock deal.

Offering more cash allows Occidental to secure the success of the buyout by eliminating the possible threats from the shareholder. Buying with cash would mean that their management no longer requires the approval from their shareholders who could potentially vote against the purchase and ultimately put a stop to the buyout.

In a letter addressed to Anadarko’s board of directors, CEO Vicki Hollub said that the revised proposal and merger agreement was in response to all the points that Anadarko’s counsel have raised to them during the previous week. One of their requests was for Occidental to give up three seats on their board of directors, which the company has not justified in their new bid.

As part of the buyout, Occidental would also divest some of Anadarko’s assets that would be worth $10 billion to $15 billion. To achieve this goal, Occidental has already announced that they have struck a deal to sell Anadarko’s African assets worth $8.8 billion to Total, a French oil major, last Sunday.

Proceeding this announcement, Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway’s has also pledged to invest $10 billion in Occidental to support the buyout of Anadarko. CNBC’s Jim Cramer together with other investors and analysts has similarly criticized the sale of preferred stock to Berkshire due to its 8% annual dividend.

Hollub cited in a press release that the divestment of Anadarko’s assets and investment from Berkshire is a contingent on their endeavor to close the buyout deal.

Without Anadarko’s assets in Africa, Occidental would have control of the remaining assets in U.S. shale bins, South America, and the Gulf of Mexico. The company’s attention is mainly focused on the shale acreage, specifically Anadarko’s position in southeastern New Mexico, the Permian basin, and the top U.S. shale field that spans across western Texas.

It was also the Permian basin that Chevron determined as the most valuable in Anadarko’s portfolio. Anadarko’s deepwater assets that overlap with Chevron’s Gulf of Mexico position are one of the things that have caught their interest. It is also possible that Chevron would still keep Adanarko’s LNG project in Mozambique, South Africa.